- Podcast Artist RSS Location Description
- The Dave Ramsey Show http://daveramsey.ramsey.libsynpro.com/rss Dave Ramsey Radio Show 40 minute excerpts
- Edgewater Covenant Church http://edgewaterchurch.org/?feed=podcast Edgewater Church Sermons
- Everything is Alive by Ian Chillag http://feeds.everythingisalive.com/everythingisalive Humorous Interviews of inanimate objects
- Faith Legacy Church by FLC http://faithlegacychurch.com/?feed=podcast Faith Legacy Sermons
- Forgotten by Ronnie Brown http://forgottenpodcast.com/index.php/feed/podcast/ Christian Biography History of heroes of faith
- Freakonomics Radio with Stephen J. Dubner https://rss.art19.com/freakonomics-radio an economic take on things
- Get-Fit Guy’s Quick and Dirty Tips to Slim Down and Shape Up by Quick and Dirty Tips https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/xml/getfitguy.xml quick Fitness show
- Get-It-Done Guy’s Quick and Dirty Tips to Work Less and Do More by Quick and Dirty Tips https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/xml/getitdone.xml an odd quick productivity show
- Grammar Girl Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing by Quick and Dirty Tips https://www.qdnow.com/grammar.xml quick Grammar show
- Hidden Brain by NPR https://www.npr.org/rss/podcast.php?id=510308 about how the the brain works
- IndieFeed: Indie Pop Music by Indiefeed http://feeds.feedburner.com/IndiefeedFolk original music show
- Most Useful Podcast Ever Popular Mechanics by Panoply https://feeds.megaphone.fm/mupe quick tips and reviews of things
- The Moth http://feeds.feedburner.com/themothpodcast Stories told by the people who are associated with them
- The Nutrition Diva’s Quick and Dirty Tips for Eating Well and Feeling Fabulous by Quick and Dirty Tips https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/xml/nutrition.xml quick Nutrition related show
- Radiolab by WNYC Studios http://feeds.wnyc.org/radiolab engaging show well-produced about many things
- The Savvy Psychologist’s Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Mental Health by Quick and Dirty Tips https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/itunes/5472 quick psychology show
- StartUp Podcast by Gimlet http://feeds.hearstartup.com/hearstartup stories about start ups in businesses, risk success and failure
- TED Radio Hour by NPR https://www.npr.org/rss/podcast.php?id=510298 TED talks arranged in a theme
- University Covenant Church Weekend Messages http://ucov.com/podcast.cfm Pastor John Fanous’s church sermons in Davis
- The Voice by Ezra Engle http://upstreamteens.org/blog/feed/ My daily bible chapter reading
- The Way I Heard It with Mike Rowe http://thewayiheardit.rsvmedia.com/rss/ short well-produced stories about things mike rowe likes
- 99% Invisible by Roman Mars http://feeds.99percentinvisible.org/99percentinvisible well-produced mentally engaging detailed stories about stuff
- 200churches Podcast: Ministry Encouragement for Pastors of Small Churches with Jeff Keady and Jonny Craig https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/8862.rss Encouragement for church leaders of small churches
I support Freedom, Liberty, and the right to stand, sit or kneel for what you believe in. Symbols represent different things to each of us depending on our known personal and cultural histories.
I may not agree with a particular demonstration, but I respect the right to demonstrate. I am against the bullying of people with unpopular views.
I hope to be supported by likeminded people when I am under fire for standing for my beliefs as well. It is just a matter of time.
We have been waiting on the design team for this exact same task since May of 2015. What assurances do I have that they will complete this task before May of 2016? I called and talked with Mike, the city inspector today, they have not heard a peep from Vivint about this address since not passing May 2015’s inspection.
Everything has been waiting on Vivint’s design team for 9 months now. In that amount of time someone has conceived a child, grown a human being and given birth to it, the most complex and fascinating work of God and nature, yet Vivint cannot update their simple autoCAD drawing in this amount of time. Nobody has touched it. It is just sitting there waiting for someone to care enough to do it.
Please escalate this. Talk to design team managers, engineering managers, Vice Presidents. Get names of people, phone numbers, dates, assurances. After that, call or email me with what you find and what was said, and why.
We have run a marathon 99% and fallen asleep a few yards from the finish line. Wake up, wake others up and stop wasting my and your time with this. This is ridiculous. I know, because the ridicule has already started among my friends and relatives on Facebook.
-Ezra J. Engle
On Feb 25, 2016, at 9:52 AM, Vivint <obfuscated-employee> wrote:
Sorry I missed your phone call this morning. I was on another call. After talking with my local office regarding your account. We are waiting for our design team to make a correction to the CAD so the local city can sign off on it. Once the city approves of the design we then can schedule you for your final inspection.
On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 5:17 PM, Ezra Engle <my-email-address> wrote:
I am paying my $328.45 PG&E Estimated monthly Bill today because your company has neglected finishing their job for en entire year that I was promised would simplify and reduce my energy bills. This reminds me that you last told me that someone would be at my house within a week and that my account was very high priority. I wish I had good news from you, or any news from you each week. I am not even a happy customer. I am an contractually obligated future customer.
Thanks for nothing,
-Ezra J. Engle
Karyn (my wife) told me that everyone at home has been trying to pull apart these two plastic baby sipping cups that have been pressed together for days (not sure for how long). The smaller cup was so far inside the larger one, that there was no edge to hold on to.
I was asked to talk at a men’s group today, and I was honored to share some things about spiritual habits that can really help us. They would help me a lot more if I did not get so distracted at times. It takes less than 30 minutes to listen to, and a lifetime to implement.
Hope it helps you too. It helps to look in the mirror sometimes.
I want to move to a place where there are no tears and there is no sorrow, but that may have to wait until beyond tomorrow.
There is suffering here until death from our birth , we must strive to bring healing while we’re still here on earth.
If we don’t do this- I ask you, who will? We can’t leave our poor earth to those who would kill.
I will pray for the healers to not leave prematurely, while those who love evil can go fast and early.
Unless they would change, and join in the fight- to defeat selfish suffering and uphold what’s right.
(formerly referred to as a Retreat)
Save this date, men, sons, dads, grandfathers, uncles and brothers! There is a brochure you can check out, but no registration form to fill out, Just notify Ezra Engle and get him your $120 check payable to Edgewater Covenant Church to make it a done deal. Continue reading
My sons Noah and Josiah are selling their old iPod Touch.
They want about $40 for it.
I like to record myself and my children sometimes. It seems to capture more emotion and personality than a photo alone could capture.
I ask my kids about themselves and what is on their minds before we head to a friend’s barbecue.
This story below was originally written to be shared at my church.
When I think back to my childhood, I have fond memories of my parents, my interaction with them, the priorities they modeled. Now that I am an adult, and a parent, I even remember painful moments of discipline as a net positive experience. I come from a relatively large nuclear family. Two parents with ten children; eight boys & two girls (I am the second oldest, if you attend Edgewater Covenant Church you may know Uriel & Cuyler, they are the fourth & the sixth, respectively). My parents were married on July 7th, 1973 are are still married today, nearly forty years later.
My parents met at a church youth winter retreat, married young as relatively new christians who wanted to do life differently than they had experienced it, Continue reading